Oregon 2011: Plan Prior Year Carry-Forward
Oregon taxpayers can contribute to an Oregon 529 College Savings Network and receive a subtraction on their state return. There is a maximum limitation each year. If more than the maximum is contributed, the excess may be carried forward over the next four years.
Certain customers, who had a carry-forward amount to tax year 2011 for Oregon 529 College Savings Network contributions, may have filed an incorrect Oregon tax return.
TurboTax has fixed this issue.
How to tell if you may be impacted
You may be affected if ALL of the following are true:
- You filed your 2011Oregon tax return before May 24, 2012 AND
- You had a Oregon 529 College Savings Network plan carry-forward for contributions from a prior tax year AND
- You did not make Oregon 529 plan contributions in 2011.
If you are affected, you may have overpaid your Oregon tax. You may need to amend your Oregon tax return.
You can make the corrections yourself.
- To do it yourself, please follow these step-by-step instructions.
- After you make the changes to your tax return, you will need to mail a copy of your amended state return.
- Your printed return will include instructions on how and where to mail it.
- If you need assistance, call us at the phone number in the email.
Or let us do the work for you.
- Please download and print thisAuthorization Form.
- Complete the form and fax it to us at the number printed at the top of the form.
- A TurboTax representative will contact you (within 15 days) when your corrected return is ready to be securely emailed back to you.
- You can print, sign, and mail the corrected return to the state taxing authority.
If you need to contact us, please use the phone number in the email from TurboTax and tell the representative you’re calling about the Oregon 2011: 529 Plan Carry-Forward.