Oregon 2010: Certain Customers May Have Paid Incorrect City of Portland Business License Tax
Certain customers, who filed Oregon Form SP-2010: Combined Tax Return for Individuals - Multnomah County Business Income Tax and City of Portland Business License Tax, may have underpaid the City of Portland Business License tax.
The issue has been fixed.
How to tell if you are impacted
You are affected if ALL of the following are true:
- You filed Form SP-2010 prior to March 5, 2011; AND
- Your Form SP-2010 included an amount on line 20 (Net Operating Loss Deduction) that you did not enter on the Net Operating Loss Deduction screen in the TurboTax Oregon program interview.
If you meet these criteria, you may have underpaid City of Portland Business License Tax. You will need to amend Form SP-2010.
Amending Form SP-2010
Let us do the work for you. We highly recommend this.
- Please download and print this Authorization Form.
- Complete the form and fax it to us at the number printed at the top of the form.
- A TurboTax representative will contact you (within 6 days) when your corrected return is ready to be securely emailed back to you.
- You can print, sign and mail the corrected return to the Oregon Department of Revenue.
Or you can make the corrections yourself. However, the amend process can be complex.
- To do it yourself, click here and print out the step-by-step instructions.
- After you make the changes to your tax return, you will need to mail a copy to the Oregon Department of Revenue.
- If you need assistance, call us at the phone number in the email and tell the representative you're calling about Oregon: Portland City Business License Tax.