Oregon 2010: Certain Customers May Have Incorrect Subtractions for Prior Year Federal Tax
Certain customers, who amended their prior-year(s) federal returns or had their prior-year(s) federal tax returns adjusted, may not have received a subtraction for the additional federal tax paid in 2010.
This issue has been fixed.
How to tell if you are impacted
You are affected if ALL of the following are true:
- You filed your Oregon return prior to March 26, 2011; AND
- You paid additional federal income tax in 2010 for prior year(s) federal returns; AND
- Your entered this tax on the TurboTax screen Report Additional Federal Income Tax Paid.
If you meet these criteria, you may have overpaid your 2010 Oregon income taxes. You will need to amend your 2010 Oregon tax return.
Amending Your Oregon Return
Let us do the work for you. We highly recommend this.
- Please download and print this Authorization Form.
- Complete the form and fax it to us at the number printed at the top of the form.
- A TurboTax representative will contact you (within 6 days) when your corrected return is ready to be securely emailed back to you.
- You can print, sign and mail the corrected return to the Oregon Department of Revenue.
Or you can make the corrections yourself. However, the amend process can be complex.
- To do it yourself, click here and print out the step-by-step instructions.
- After you make the changes to your tax return, you will need to mail a copy to the Oregon Department of Revenue.
- If you need assistance, call us at the phone number in the email and tell the representative you're calling about Oregon: Additional federal tax paid for 2010.