Missouri 2011: Age Calculation for Deceased Taxpayer
Missouri taxpayers who were age 65 or over and died during 2011 are eligible to receive certain age-based tax benefits on their tax return.
Certain customers, who were 64 years of age and had their Date of Death in 2011, may have filed an incorrect Missouri tax return.
TurboTax has fixed this issue.
How to tell if you may be impacted
You may be affected if ALL of the following are true:
- The taxpayer filed his/her 2011 Missouri tax return before June 27, 2012 AND
- The taxpayer was age 64 as of 12/31/2012 AND
- The taxpayer’s Date of Death was during 2011
If you are affected, you may have underpaid your Missouri tax. You may need to amend your Missouri tax return.
You can make the corrections yourself.
- To do it yourself, please follow these step-by-step instructions.
- After you make the changes to your tax return, you will need to mail a copy of your amended state return.
- Your printed return will include instructions on how and where to mail it.
- If you need assistance, call us at the phone number in the email.
Or let us do the work for you.
- Please download and print this Authorization Form.
- Complete the form and fax it to us at the number printed at the top of the form.
- A TurboTax representative will contact you (within 15 days) when your corrected return is ready to be securely emailed back to you.
- You can print, sign, and mail the corrected return to the state taxing authority.
If you need to contact us, please use the phone number in the email from TurboTax and tell the representative you’re calling about the Missouri 2011: Deceased Taxpayer.