Manually Update TurboTax 2011 for Windows
Article ID: GEN81462
Note: We do not offer manual updates for the TurboTax State program. If you need to update your state program, click here for options.
If you're having trouble updating your TurboTax 2011 for Windows software using the "Check for Updates" method, you can get your federal program update here:
- Close TurboTax and all other programs except this browser window.
- Click the button below to download the federal program update (83.5 MB):
- Save the file to your Desktop.
- After the file finishes downloading, go to your Desktop and double-click the "vise grip" icon, pictured below:
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the update.
- When finished, verify that your TurboTax program is up-to-date:
- From the Help menu in TurboTax, select About TurboTax [Product] 2011 where [Product] is replaced by Basic, Deluxe, etc.
- In the About TurboTax window, click the Version tab and compare the version number of the Modules with the information in the table below.
- If you see a lower version number for any of these Modules, the manual update wasn't completely downloaded or installed. Go back to Step 1 and try again.