Manually Update TurboTax 2010 (Win)
Article ID: GEN12917
Final Release – October 5, 2011
Note: We do not offer manual updates for the TurboTax State program. If you need to update your state program, click here for options.
If you're having trouble updating your TurboTax 2010 for Windows software using the "Check for Updates" method, you can get your federal program update here:
- Close TurboTax and all other programs except this browser window.
- Click the button below to download the federal program update (103 MB):
- Save the file to your Desktop.
- After the file finishes downloading, go to your Desktop and double-click the "vise grip" icon, pictured below:
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the update.
- When finished, verify that your TurboTax program is up-to-date:
- From the Help menu in TurboTax, select About TurboTax [Product] 2010 where [Product] is replaced by Basic, Deluxe, etc.
- In the About TurboTax window, click the Version tab.
- Compare the Module version number with the information in the table below.