If you can't update through TurboTax, download and install a manual update instead.
Manual updates are simply an alternative way to get the same update that you download from inside TurboTax. They will not convert an older version of TurboTax to a newer one. Here's why.
Click tax year in the table below to access your Federal manual update. Click here for State update options.
Updating from a different computer
If the Internet connection on your home computer is slow, broken, or nonexistent, simply download your manual update from a different computer and then transfer the update to your home computer. Here's how:
- Attach a flash drive (or insert a CD that you can burn to) to a computer with a high-speed connection.
- Download the manual update and save it to the desktop.
- Copy the file to the flash drive (or burn it to the CD).
- Delete the file on the desktop and remove the flash drive or CD.
To install the update on the TurboTax computer:
- Insert the flash drive or CD into the computer.
- Look for the TurboTax "checkmark" icon on the flash drive or CD, and then copy it to your computer's desktop.
- On your desktop, double-click the TurboTax "checkmark" icon to begin the installation process.
Mac users: When the CD or flash drive mounts on your desktop, double-click its icon to view the contents. Double-click the TurboTax icon to mount it to your desktop, and then double-click the TurboTax icon on your desktop to install the update.