Form 2555-EZ, Foreign Earned Income Exclusion
If you qualify, you can use Form 2555-EZ instead of Form 2555, Foreign Earned Income, to figure your foreign earned income exclusion. You cannot exclude more than your foreign earned income for the year.
Entering Form 2555-EZ into TurboTax
Don't worry! When you use TurboTax to prepare your taxes, we’ll ask you questions about your foreign earned income, figure out how much of the foreign earned income exclusion you qualify for, and fill in all the right forms for you.
If you've already gone through the step-by-step interview and want to jump directly to the entry screen for this topic, follow these directions.
- Select the Federal Taxes tab (the Personal tab in the Home & Business edition).
- Select the Wages & Income subtab, click on Explore on My Own.
- Scroll down the Wages & Income screen until you see the Less Common Income group.
- Click on the Start/Update button to the right of the Foreign Earned Income and Exclusions category.
- Follow the prompts.
If you need to correct or change any information you have entered on your 2555-EZ, the steps you take depends on if you have already filed your tax return.
- If you have yet to file your return, simply follow the navigation instructions above, and correct or change your information.
- If you have already filed your return, you will need to amend your return. Please click here for instructions.
For questions about printing, please click here.
If you have questions about the availability of form 2555-EZ, please click here.