Kentucky 2011: Estimated Tax Penalty
Kentucky taxpayers may be required to pay their tax liability in scheduled periodic payments throughout the year. Penalties may be assessed if these payments are not made by certain deadlines.
Certain customers, who made a 2011 first quarter estimated tax payment to Kentucky between April 16 and April 18, 2011, may have filed an incorrect Kentucky tax return.
TurboTax has fixed this issue.
How to tell if you may be impacted
You may be affected if ALL of the following are true:
- You filed your 2011 Kentucky tax return before March 3, 2012 AND
- You made a first quarter estimated tax payment to Kentucky in 2011 AND
- You made this estimated tax payment between 4/16/2011 and 4/18/2011 AND
- You had an amount on your Kentucky Form 2210-K, Part II, Line 7
If you are affected, you may have overpaid your Kentucky tax. You may need to amend your Kentucky tax return.
You can make the corrections yourself.
- To do it yourself, please follow these step-by-step instructions.
- After you make the changes to your tax return, you will need to mail a copy of your amended state return.
- Your printed return will include instructions on how and where to mail it.
- If you need assistance, call us at the phone number in the email.
Or let us do the work for you.
- Please download and print this Authorization Form.
- Complete the form and fax it to us at the number printed at the top of the form.
- A TurboTax representative will contact you (within 15 days) when your corrected return is ready to be securely emailed back to you.
- You can print, sign, and mail the corrected return to the state taxing authority.
If you need to contact us, please use the phone number in the email from TurboTax and tell the representative you’re calling about the Kentucky 2011: Estimated Tax Penalty.