Error: "Your configuration has been modified (prd.ini, startup)..."
This message appears when you attempt to start TurboTax:
Your configuration has been modified (prd.ini, startup). Please re-install.
(The exact name of the .ini file may differ slightly, for example pdi.ini)
For TurboTax 2010, you should be able to resolve the issue by updating TurboTax.
To resolve this issue, please update to the latest version of the TurboTax Installer by following these steps:
- Uninstall TurboTax.
- Reinstall TurboTax. When you get to the How Do You Want to Get Updates window, select Automatic and click Next.
- The next screen will display Updating while TurboTax downloads and applies the update. This may take some time.
- Installation will begin once the update is applied.
Follow these steps to troubleshoot:
- Uninstall TurboTax and then restart your computer.
- Configure your firewall software to work with TurboTax.
- Temporarily turn off your virus-detection software. (Remember to turn it back on when finished with these steps.)
- Reinstall TurboTax and try opening the program again. If the error persists, follow the steps to repair TurboTax.