Below are the minimum requirements for TurboTax 2012 software installed on a Windows computer. The 2012 versions are Basic, Deluxe, Premier, Home & Business, and Business.
Minimum System Requirements
|1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or faster processor |
|Operating systems || |
- Windows XP (32-bit) Home/Pro with Service Pack 3 or higher; or
- Windows Vista (32-bit and 64-bit) Home Basic/Home Premium/Business/Ultimate; or
- Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit); or
- Windows 8 (32-bit and 64-bit).
- Administrative rights required to install and run TurboTax.
|RAM ||512 MB of RAM (1 GB recommended) |
Hard Disk Space*
* Must be on the same drive TurboTax is installed on
- Federal Products: 500 MB for TurboTax (plus up to 1.5 GB for Microsoft .NET 4 if not already installed)
- State Products: 15 MB
- Federal plus State Products: 515 MB for TurboTax (plus up to 1.5 GB for Microsoft .NET 4 if not already installed)
|CD-ROM Drive ||2X CD-ROM drive |
|Monitor || |
800×600 screen resolution (1024×768 recommended)
|Internet Connection (REQUIRED) |
|56 Kbps modem (Broadband connection recommended) |
|Third-Party Software || |
- Microsoft .NET 4 (included with TurboTax Installer)
- Adobe Reader 8+
| Printer ||Any Windows-compatible inkjet or laser printer |