This article includes fixes for several installation errors, including errors 65535 and 1334.
Follow these steps to download the TurboTax Installer Tool, and then reinstall TurboTax:
- Be sure you're logged on to your Windows computer with administrative rights.
- From the Windows Start menu, choose Control Panel (or Settings > Control Panel).
- Double-click Add or Remove Programs (in Windows 7 or Vista, Programs and Features) and look for TurboTax 2008 or 2009. If it's in the list of programs, uninstall it.
- Click the button below to download the Installer Tool (1 MB).
Note: If you receive a Microsoft IE Execute shell (or similar) error, right-click the button and choose Save Target As.
- Save the file (we recommend saving it to your Desktop).
- Insert the TurboTax CD in your CD drive. If installation starts automatically, exit it.
- Go to your Desktop and double-click the file you saved in Step 5 (look for the familiar "checkmark" icon named TurboTax-Installer-Tool.exe).
- Wait for the tool to finish copying files from the CD to your hard drive, then follow the on-screen instructions to install TurboTax.
- Delete the Installer Tool by dragging it to the Recycle Bin.