Install TurboTax from Your Hard Drive (Windows)
Installing TurboTax from your hard drive involves copying files from the CD to your computer, and then installing from the copied files, rather than directly from the CD. This procedure can be used to work around problematic installation issues.
First, copy the files from the CD to your hard drive:
- Insert the TurboTax CD into your CD drive. (If a message appears, click Cancel or No.)
- Be sure you can view hidden files and folders.
- Create a folder named TurboTax on your desktop by right-clicking an empty area on your computer's desktop and choosing New > Folder.
- On the Windows taskbar, right-click Start, and then click Explore.
- In the left pane, right-click your CD drive and choose Copy. (If you're asked whether to copy hidden files, click OK.)
- Right-click the TurboTax desktop folder you created in Step 3 and choose Paste. Wait for all the files to finish copying over.
Now, install TurboTax from the copied files:
- Double-click the TurboTax folder on your desktop to open it, and then double-click the file setup.exe (look for the familiar TurboTax "checkmark" icon).
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install TurboTax.