Error 28153: "We are unable to locate internet settings for the local zone on this machine"
Article ID: SLN47989
Error 28153 occurs when launching TurboTax.
To resolve this error, run a script to modify your system registry settings:
- Download the localedit.zip file.
- Unzip it to extract the localedit.reg file.
- Run (or Open) the localedit.reg file.
- Select Yes when prompted to add the information to the registry.
- From the Start menu, select Control Panel (or select Settings, and then select Control Panel).
- Double-click Internet Options.
- On the Security tab, select the My Computer zone then select Custom Level.
- From the Reset to list, select Low then select Reset.
- Select OK twice, and then close Internet Explorer.
Once the problem is resolved, you can change your settings back to High by repeating Steps 5 through 9.