Error 1326 when installing TurboTax
Article ID: SLN46781
If you don't have permissions to a certain folder required by TurboTax, Error 1326 will occur when you try to install TurboTax.
- Using Windows Explorer (not Internet Explorer), locate the following folders.
- Right-click the folder itself and choose Properties.
- Click the Security tab, and then click the Edit button.
- Click OK if a UAC window appears.
- In the Permissions window, in the Group or user names section, select your Windows user name. If your user name is not listed:
- Click the Add button.
- Type your user name in Enter the object name to select, click Check Names, and then click OK.
- In the Permissions for Users section, select the Full Control checkbox in the Allow column.
- Click Apply, and then click OK twice to close the Permissions window.