"Checking for solutions" directs you to this article when installing TurboTax 2011
When attempting to install TurboTax 2011 for Windows, the "Checking for solutions" dialog takes you to this article.
Most likely, a beta version of .NET 4.0 is causing this. To check:
- Open Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program (or Add or Remove Programs if using Windows XP).
- Look for the version number to the right of Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile.
If the version is 4.0.30128 you have a beta version. Leave Control Panel open and proceed to the Solution section below.
Remove the beta version of .NET 4 by following these instructions. Make sure to restart your computer whenever prompted.
- Uninstall Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile by double-clicking it and choosing the Remove option.
- Note: If you also have Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended, remove that first.
- Then, remove the Client Profile version.
- Finally, go to www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=17851 to download and install Microsoft .NET Framework 4.
- Restart your computer if you haven't already done so.
- Install TurboTax.