Indiana 2011: Earned Income Credit-Percentage of Federal
Indiana taxpayers who had a federal Earned Income Credit may be eligible to receive a credit of up to 9% of the federal EIC on their Indiana tax return.
Certain customers, who received an Earned Income Credit amount over 9% of their federal EIC amount, may have filed an incorrect Indiana tax return.
TurboTax has fixed this issue.
How to tell if you may be impacted
You may be affected if ALL of the following are true:
- You filed your 2011 Indiana tax return before May 24, 2012 AND
- You had an Earned Income Credit amount on federal Form 1040, Line 64a AND
- Your Indiana Earned Income Credit amount on Indiana Schedule 5, Line 5 was OVER 9% of your federal EIC amount.
If you are affected, you may have underpaid your Indiana tax. You may need to amend your Indiana tax return.
You can make the corrections yourself.
- To do it yourself, please follow these step-by-step instructions.
- After you make the changes to your tax return, you will need to mail a copy of your amended state return.
- Your printed return will include instructions on how and where to mail it.
- If you need assistance, call us at the phone number in the email.
Or let us do the work for you.
- Please download and print this Authorization Form.
- Complete the form and fax it to us at the number printed at the top of the form.
- A TurboTax representative will contact you (within 15 days) when your corrected return is ready to be securely emailed back to you.
- You can print, sign, and mail the corrected return to the state taxing authority.
If you need to contact us, please use the phone number in the email from TurboTax and tell the representative you’re calling about the Indiana 2011: EIC Percentage.