TurboTax won't replace previously-imported, edited 1098 and 1099 forms when re-importing
When you re-import Forms 1098 or 1099, TurboTax will not overwrite (replace) the originally-imported version of that form, if edits were made to that form after you initially imported it.
As a result, the earlier version persists as a "ghost" copy, which can cause calculation issues (such as doubled income) and other problems.
This issue only occurs if the previously imported form was edited.
Until we fix this, you should delete any imported forms that you edited before importing that form again.
- Sign in to TurboTax Online or open your return in the TurboTax software.
- Click the Federal Taxes tab and then click Wages & Income below it.
- TurboTax Home & Business: Click the Personal tab and then click Personal Income below the tab.
- Click the Explore on My Own link.
- Proceed to the Your 2012 Income Summary screen and click the View button next to History of Imported Documents at the top of the screen.
- Delete any 1098 and 1099 tax forms that you plan to re-import.