TurboTax Orders, Charges, and Statements
Whether you're purchasing software on CD, a software download, or TurboTax Online, we guarantee your transaction is secure, your charges are accurate, and your statement is correct.
If you are looking for information on the pricing for different versions of TurboTax, please click here.
When will I get my order?
We'll send you e-mail confirmation on the day your order ships. As soon as you receive it, you can check your order status online.
When will you charge or credit me?
Due to large transaction volume during tax season, there might be a delay in TurboTax charges and credits appearing on your bank or credit card statement. We're hurrying, we assure you. But during our peak volume it can take up to three weeks for these charges and credits to appear:
- Payment for TurboTax software purchased online
- Electronic filing fees
- Refunds for TurboTax products or services
This is an internal delay and in no way affects tax refund processing time, the length of time it takes to receive your tax refund, or when taxes owed are due. Keep watching your statements and thanks for the patience.
What are these charges on my statement?
Questions about your statement? Here's a breakdown of what you might see:
- Shipping and Handling fees - Of course these only apply to TurboTax products that are delivered to you. View Shipping and Delivery Options to learn what rates apply to your order.
- Sales Tax - We charge sales tax based on the address to which we ship your TurboTax product. The amount of tax charged includes all state, county, and local taxes as required by law. And yes, sales tax applies to electronic services, shipping, and handling fees too.
- Duplicate or incorrect products - We try very hard to make sure this never happens. But just in case it does, contact us and we'll take care of it right away.
- State e-filing fees (CD/Download software only) - You'll see an item description "INTUIT *TURBOTAX" and a toll free telephone number that indicate your income tax return e-filing charges. E-filing fees may be also subject to state sales tax.