TurboTax Buyer's Guide
Tip: Worried about the 2012 tax law changes? Don't be – we've got you covered!
Despite what you may be hearing, you are probably not affected by the 2012 American Taxpayer Relief Act when you file your taxes this year. Click here to find out more.
Browse below to find the right product for your tax situation this year or click here to view the comparison chart.
- What should I choose if I am a first-time TurboTax user?
- Should I use TurboTax Online or TurboTax CD/Download?
- Which personal product should I buy?
- Which business product should I buy?
- How many returns can I file with each version of TurboTax?
- Do I have to buy a new TurboTax program every year?
We recommend different personal versions of TurboTax
- If you or your spouse are in the military
- If you have investments
- If you participate in an employee stock option plan
- If you sold any shares from your employee stock option plan
- If you have to file returns in more than one state
- If you purchased a home this year
- If you own a rental property
- If you live and work in a foreign country
- If you're a member of the clergy
We recommend TurboTax Business
- If you need to file a return for an LLC
- If you need to file a return for an LLP
- If you need to file a return for a partnership
- If you need to file a Trust, Estate, or Nonprofit return
- If you need to file a return for a corporation
- If you're in business for yourself and haven't incorporated or created an LLC
- If you need extra guidance in preparing your tax return, choose TurboTax Online Deluxe or TurboTax Deluxe CD/Download.
- If you don’t want the extra guidance and have a very simple return, start with TurboTax Free Edition and we’ll let you know while you're preparing your return if there is a better product for your tax situation. You can choose to upgrade then or you can choose to upgrade TurboTax Online or upgrade TurboTax CD/Download now.