"Your Purchase Has Been Restored" loop when purchasing
You receive a pop-up window titled Your Purchase Has Been Restored when attempting to complete a purchase, followed by the screen Your Payment Didn't Go Through.
When you try again, the same thing happens. As a result, you are unable to complete your purchase process.
Here are some suggestions that may help with this issue:
- Make sure your TurboTax program is fully up-to-date before purchasing.
- If you're using a wireless connection, try a direct (wired) connection instead.
- Turn off security or anti-virus programs during your attempt to pay for the product.
- Try it a couple of times as it may not work on the first re-attempt.
- Try to e-file the federal return only first, then go back through Print & File and e-file the state only.
If the loop persists despite following the suggestions above, try this workaround.
- From the How Do You Want to Pay? screen, select Charge My Credit Card.
- In the Let's Complete Your Purchase Online window, click the We can help you here link at the bottom.
- In Mac versions, click the purchase by phone link in the Let's Connect to the Internet to Complete Your Purchase window.
- This will open a pay-by-phone option. Here you can contact the phone number provided and enter a code that will be provided by the agent (after payment is complete).