I forgot my TurboTax Advantage user ID, password, or security answer
What to do if you cannot log into your TurboTax Advantage account because you forgot your user ID, password or security answer.
Click the link that applies to your situation.
I forgot my user ID
If you forgot your user ID, follow these steps in order:
- To retrieve your user ID, click here to access the Forgot User ID screen.
- Enter the e-mail address associated with your account. if you no longer have access to that e-mail address, please contact us instead.
- After entering your e-mail address, click the Continue button.
- Click E-mail User IDs then check the e-mail address associated with your account.
If you do not receive an e-mail with your user ID after 15 minutes, your spam filter may be blocking the e-mail. Follow these steps:
- Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your e-mail safe senders list. Each e-mail program and spam filter differs, so please check your e-mail account or service provider for additional help. If you still have not received the e-mail after this step, contact us.
- Once you receive the e-mail, go to the TurboTax Advantage - Sign In screen.
- Enter your user ID and password then click Sign In.
I forgot my password
If you forgot your password, follow these steps in order:
- To retrieve your password, click here to access the Forgot Password screen.
- Enter the user ID associated with your account . If you do not remember the user ID associated with your account, click here to access the Forgot User ID screen.
- After entering your user ID, click the Continue button.
- Click E-mail Password PIN then check the e-mail address associated with your account.
- Enter the PIN from the Your Password Reset Request e-mail.
- Answer your security question, enter your new password then confirm your new password.
- Click Save Password
- On the Password reset completed screen, click Continue.
I forgot both my user ID and my password
I forgot my security answer
Here are some tips that may help you remember your security answer:
- Did you add any numbers or special characters?
- Did you use an alternate spelling?
- Did you add any extra spaces or a hyphen between two words?
- Did you enter two words, instead of one?
- Did you add an "s" to the end of the answer?
If these tips helped you remember your security answer, try resetting your password again. If you still cannot remember your security answer, contact us.
I lost access to my e-mail account
If you have tried signing into your account with no success and no longer have access to the e-mail address you used to originally create the account, contact us.