Forgot Your TurboTax User ID or Password?
We've made it easy for you to retrieve forgotten TurboTax user IDs and passwords, while still keeping your information safe and secure.
- Go to My TurboTax by clicking the link in the upper right corner at TurboTax.com.
- Click Having trouble signing in?
- In the new window, simply select the info you wish to retrieve and follow the on-screen instructions. It's that easy!
If you encounter difficulties, you'll be asked to provide additional information to verify your identity. The next section has more information.
What information do I need to provide to retrieve my login info?
Because we are committed to protecting your tax information, we won't give your login information to just anyone. We take this responsibility very seriously, and to keep your information secure, you may have to answer a few questions before you can access your TurboTax account again.
If you lost or forgot one or more of these items:
- User ID
- E-mail address you used when you created your login
- Answer to your Security Question
Be prepared to provide one or more of these items to retrieve your login:
- Last Name
- User ID, if known
- Social Security Number (xxx-xx-xxxx)
- Mailing address
- Zip code
- Old email address, and your new email address
- Daytime phone number
- Date of birth (mm-dd-yyyy)
- Other proof of identity