TurboTax Error: Donation Date has an invalid date
The following error is occurring in TurboTax Online:
Donation Date: Donation Date has an invalid date
After receiving the error and reviewing date of charitable donations entered, the date was appearing in the correct format as mm/dd/yyyy. If you downloaded your tax file and tried using the TurboTax desktop product, the error is still generated.
Update and Solution
This issue will be resolved in a TurboTax update currently scheduled for 3/14/2013. If you're using TurboTax Online the update will be applied automatically.
The update will resolve the donation date issue once applied, however, it will not auto correct any date currently entered that is generating this error. You can follow these steps to identify the dates generating the error and re-enter the information:
- Identify the charity that is shown in the error message:
- Go to the "Your Charities" screen that lists the charities you donated to. When there, you should see an entry like the one shown below:
- Once on this screen click Edit for the charity shown in the error, as seen above.
- On the following screen you will see the individual donations and their dates. Click Edit on each donation entered, delete the date entered, then re-enter the date.
- Run error check again. If the error occurs again, repeat steps 1-4.