Error: "Your transmission did not go through. Please try again later" when e-filing
The following message occurs when attempting to e-file your return:
Your transmission did not go through. Please try again later.
In December or early January, this error usually occurs because the e-filing service is not yet available.
However, if you get this message after January 3 and you're using Microsoft Internet Explorer, try the solution below.
- Close TurboTax (or sign out of TurboTax Online) and then open Internet Explorer.
- From Internet Explorer's Tools menu, choose Internet Options.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- In the Settings box, scroll down to the Security section, which you'll find towards the bottom.
- Clear these three checkboxes:
- Check for publisher's certificate revocation
- Check for server certificate revocation
- Check for signatures on downloaded programs
- Click OK and restart your computer if you are prompted to do so.
- Reopen your return in TurboTax and try transmitting your return again.
If the problem persists, click here for additional solutions and troubleshooting tips.