Error: "Your transmission did not go through. Your internet connection may have been disconnected at the time of transmission"
This message occurs when attempting to e-file (transmit) your tax return if your Internet connection is unavailable or if a LAN setting is incorrectly configured.
First, make sure you are connected to the Internet by opening a browser session and visiting one or more websites.
If you are able to connect successfully, try this:
- From the Windows Start menu, choose Control Panel (or Settings > Control Panel).
- Double-click Internet Options.
- Click the Connections tab, and then the LAN Settings button.
- Clear the Use a proxy server for your LAN checkbox and click OK twice.
- Try e-filing your return again.