Incorrect State Taxable Income for Certain Customers with Pension or IRA Rollovers
TurboTax may have incorrectly included non-taxable pension IRA rollover distributions in state taxable income.
This issue was fixed on February 12, 2011.
How to tell if you are impacted
You are affected if ALL of the following are true:
- You filed a 2010 federal tax return prior to February 12, 2011 AND
- You received a 1099-R with an amount in box 1 AND
- Box 2 of the 1099-R was zero AND
- Box 7 of the 1099-R contain code G AND
- You filed an individual state tax return.
If you are affected, you may have overpaid your state tax. If so, you will need to amend your state tax return.
Please return to this article after February 28, 2011, for instructions about amending your state tax return.