Efile Status Error 0372: If you are claiming the child tax credit ...
Reject code 0372 - If you are claiming the child tax credit (Form 1040-Line 52 or Form 1040A-Line 33) or additional child tax credit (Form 1040-Line 68 or Form 1040A-Line 42), the sum of the two cannot be more than $1,000 multiplied by the number of qualifying children. Also, at least one dependent must meet the requirements for the child tax credit. You must attach Form 8901 for any qualifying children who are not dependents.
Make sure that each dependent you claim:
- Qualifies as a dependent
- Is under age 17
- Is a U.S. Resident
- Select the Personal Info tab, and then select Dependents.
- In the Dependents Summary screen, select the first dependent, then select Edit.
- Check the date of birth and confirm that the dependent is under age 17.
- Select the Back button and repeat Steps 3 and 4 for each of your other dependents.
- Make any necessary corrections.
- When you finish, select Federal Review , and then click Error Check to check your return for errors.
- E-file your return. You will not be charged again to re-file the same return electronically.
Note: If you cannot correct the dependent information in your return, then you need to print and mail your return.