Error 0525: "On Form 8839, the eligible child's social security number ..." When Checking E-filing S
This error message occurs when checking the status of an e-filed return. Here's the complete message:
Error Code 0525: On Form 8839, the eligible child's social security number and last name does not match the IRS's records. The IRS receives this information from the Social Security Administration.
This rejection error is issued by the IRS server.
- Go back to the Personal Info tab and proceed to the Your Personal Info Summary screen.
- Scroll down to the section containing your dependents and click the Edit button.
- On the Your Children and Others You Support screen, click the Edit button next to the first dependent.
- Step through the screens and make sure that your dependent's information exactly matches the information on his/her social security card.
- Repeate steps 3-4 for any other dependents.
- If necessary, make corrections and re-submit your return.
If the information is correct, you'll need to print and mail your return.