E-file rejection errors 0600 or IND-046
Your e-filed return is rejected with error codes 0600 or IND-046, along with this explanation:
According to the IRS, you must complete Form 8862 to claim earned income credit after disallowance. Form 8862 is missing from the tax return and it is required.
How to resolve this error
To resolve this, you need to enter earned income credit information. Here's how:
- Open your return or sign in to TurboTax Online.
- Select the Federal Taxes tab, and then select Deductions & Credits.
- Choose Explore on My Own.
- Click Start or Update to the right of the Earned Income Credit option.
- Proceed through the Earned Income Credit section. In the Tell Us a Little More section, check the box that says The IRS sent me a notice that I can claim the EIC only if I file Form 8862.
- On the next screen, Your Earned Income Credit Status, answer No.
- On the Complete Form 8862 screen, Form 8862 will appear in the lower half of the window. You will need to complete the form on this screen.
- Follow the on-screen form instructions to complete Form 8862. Line 1 should be calculated with the current tax year.
- Make the necessary entries, to complete the remainder of the form, run Error Check, and re-transmit the return.