E-file rejection errors 0500 or R0000-500
Your e-filed return is rejected with error codes 0500 or R0000-500, along with this explanation:
Primary Social Security Number and Primary Name Control of the Tax Form must match data from the IRS Master File.
The primary taxpayer's Social Security number and last name does not match the IRS's records. The IRS receives this information from the Social Security Administration.
The primary taxpayer is the first person listed on the return.
- Open your return in TurboTax and click the Personal tab (or the Personal Info tab in the Home & Business version).
- Proceed to the Your Personal Info summary screen and make sure that your Name and Social Security number exactly matches the information on your Social Security card.
- If the information is correct, proceed to Step 3.
- Otherwise, click the Edit button, make the correction(s), and continue until you're back on the Your Personal Info summary screen. Then, e-file your return again.
- Call the Social Security Administration (SSA) at 1-800-772-1213 to verify your Social Security number, date of birth, and name.
- If it differs from what you entered, change the information in TurboTax to reflect the SSA's information and then re-file your return.
- Otherwise, if you verified that your information is correct, proceed to Step 4.
- At this point, you'll need to file a paper return. The IRS e-file servers will continue rejecting your return because your data, though correct, doesn't match what they have on file.
- Regrettably, we are unable to assist you further, as the problem lies with government agencies' data that we have no control over.
- After mailing your return, we suggest you follow up with the IRS and request that they correct their records so you can e-file next year.