E-file rejection errors 0019, R0000-075, IND-003, or IND-004
Your e-filed return is rejected with error codes 0019, R0000-075, IND-003, or IND-004, along with an explanation similar to one of these:
- The routing transit number (RTN) is invalid. The RTN must meet these conditions to be valid: must be 9 numeric digits long; and, the first two positions must be 01 through 12 OR 21 through 32.
- The depositor account number (DAN) is invalid. The DAN must meet these conditions to be valid: must be alphanumeric (i.e., numbers, letters, and hyphens only); cannot be greater than 17 characters in length; and must not equal all zeros.
- When the DAN has an entry, or if the RTN has an entry, either the checking account box must be checked or the savings account box must be checked.
How to resolve this error
This rejection error is issued by the IRS. You'll need to verify and correct the account number and/or routing number that you entered for direct deposit or direct debit.
- Open your tax return.
- Click the File tab, and then click Continue.
- Proceed until you reach the screen that displays your account and routing number information:
- Make sure either the Checking or Savings option is selected.
- Verify the Account and Routing numbers. If you have a check from that account, use it to verify the information (illustrated below).
- Update the information as needed, and continue the process to re-submit your return.