E-file rejection error R0000-902
Your e-filed return is rejected with error code R0000-902, along with this explanation:
Your Taxpayer Identification number (TIN) cannot be used more than once in the return or on another return.
- The Social Security number of either the taxpayer or the spouse has already been used on another (already filed) tax return (most common reason); or
- The same Social Security number was used for the taxpayer and the spouse on the return; or
- The Social Security number was entered incorrectly.
Do This First
- Open your return in TurboTax and click the Personal tab (or the Personal Info tab in the Home & Business version).
- Proceed to the Your Personal Info Summary screen and make sure that:
- You didn't accidentally enter the same Social Security number for yourself and your spouse; and
- All Social Security numbers on the return exactly match the number(s) on the corresponding Social Security card(s).
- If all information is correct, proceed to Step 3.
- Otherwise, click the Edit button, make the correction(s), and continue until you're back on the Your Personal Info Summary screen. Then, e-file your return again.
- Check with your spouse or another family member that may have possibly filed a tax return on your behalf. If no return has been filed, proceed to the next step.
- Call the Social Security Administration (SSA) at 1-800-772-1213 to verify your Social Security number(s), date(s) of birth, and name(s).
- If any of the information differs from what you entered, change the information in TurboTax to reflect the SSA's information and then re-file your return.
- Otherwise, if you verified that your information is correct, proceed to Step 2.
- At this point, you'll need to file a paper return. Regrettably, we are unable to further assist you, as the problem lies with government agencies' data that we have no control over.
Important: If you believe someone else used your Social Security number on their return, call the IRS Identify Theft Hotline at 1-800-908-4490.