Note: Are you trying to download your prior-year tax return? If you are, click here instead.
After you've purchased a downloadable product from turbotax.com, you can re-download it as often as you like for up to 3 years after purchase. Just follow these easy directions:
- First, click here and sign in access your downloads.
- Once you've signed in, click the blue download arrow and save the download somewhere on your computer. (We recommend saving it to your desktop so you can easily find it.)
- Once you've saved the download, install TurboTax by double-clicking the downloaded file. Windows instructions | Mac instructions
- (Windows) If you get Unknown file type when installing, right-click the downloaded file, choose Rename, add .exe to the end of the file name, and press Enter. Proceed with the installation.
Why don't I see my download after signing in?
Two possible reasons:
- You signed in with a different User ID than the one you used to purchase the download.
- Click here to retrieve a list of all your TurboTax User IDs linked to your e-mail address. Then, try signing in with the other User ID(s).
- If you signed in at MyTurboTax, make sure you click Access downloads, unlocks and other account services to sign in – not the conspicuous User ID/Password area on the left, which takes you to TurboTax Online.
Tips for Dial-Up Customers
Because they are so large, product downloads can be difficult to download using a dial-up connection.
If you have access to another computer with a high-speed Internet connection, download TurboTax to a CD or flash drive (also called a USB thumb drive) from that computer so you can install it on your dial-up computer. Here's how:
- Insert a CD or attach a flash drive to a computer with a high-speed connection.
- Download TurboTax and save it to the desktop.
- Burn the download to the CD or copy it to your flash drive.
- Delete the file on the desktop and remove the CD or flash drive.
To install TurboTax on your dial-up computer:
- Insert the CD or attach the flash drive to your computer.
- Look for the TurboTax icon on the CD or flash drive, and then copy it to your computer's desktop.
- On your desktop, double-click the TurboTax icon to begin the installation process. See the instructions for Windows and Mac above, for more detailed instructions.