Error 42001: The name resolver service could not resolve the host name
Error 42001: The name resolver service could not resolve the host name occurs when attempting to update TurboTax.
Possible causes include, but are not limited to:
- Your computer's Internet connection or router being configured incorrectly.
- Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) experiencing a technical problem.
- The Intuit Update Server experiencing a technical problem.
To work around this issue, you can download a manual update instead.
If the problem reappears in the future while updating, follow these steps:
- Be sure your Internet connection is working properly.
- Retry updating by using Check for Updates on the Online menu in TurboTax.
- If updating fails, wait and try again later or download a manual update.