Colorado 2011: Alternative Fuel Vehicle Credit
Colorado taxpayers may be eligible to receive a credit for certain alternative fuel vehicles purchased or leased before January 1, 2012. This credit is available for vehicles purchased or converted in calendar year 2011 only.
Certain customers, who had an Alternative Fuel Vehicle Credit, may have filed an incorrect Colorado tax return.
TurboTax has fixed this issue.
How to tell if you may be impacted
You may be affected if ALL of the following are true:
- You filed a 2011 Colorado tax return before May 24, 2012 AND
- You had an amount on your Colorado Form 104(CR), Part II, Line 8 AND
- You purchased, leased, or converted a qualifying vehicle in a year other than 2011.
If you are affected, your may have underpaid your Colorado tax. You may need to amend your Colorado tax return.
You can make the corrections yourself.
- To do it yourself, please follow these step-by-step instructions.
- After you make the changes to your tax return, you will need to mail a copy of your amended state return.
- Your printed return will include instructions on how and where to mail it.
- If you need assistance, call us at the phone number in the email.
Or let us do the work for you.
- Please download and print this Authorization Form.
- Complete the form and fax it to us at the number printed at the top of the form.
- A TurboTax representative will contact you (within 15 days) when your corrected return is ready to be securely emailed back to you.
- You can print, sign, and mail the corrected return to the state taxing authority.
If you need to contact us, please use the phone number in the email from TurboTax and tell the representative you’re calling about the Colorado 2011: Vehicle Credit.