Starting over in TurboTax Online
Let's face it – sometimes, you just need to start over. In TurboTax Online, you can do that by clearing your return.
Clearing your return removes all your inputs (plus anything that transferred over from last year, if you choose that option) and cannot be undone.
- Sign in to TurboTax Online and then click Home. This will put you on the Welcome Back screen.
- In the We can also help you... section in the lower-left corner, you can either:
- Select Clear your 2012 return and start over if you want to start from scratch, or
- Select Clear your 2012 return and re-transfer your data, if you want to clear everything except what transferred over from your 2011 Online return. More about transferring.
- Click Yes to confirm.
- When you see the message Your return has been cleared, click Continue and then click Start.
On the other hand, once you've completed your TurboTax Online tax return, you can no longer clear, delete, or start over.
What do we mean by a completed return? These are TurboTax Online returns that were paid for by credit or debit card, refund processing services, or prepaid, or were registered through the Freedom Edition website.