California 2010: Real Estate Professionals
Certain customers, who are real estate professionals, may not have received the special allowance of up to $25,000 for rental real estate losses.
- You filed a 2010 federal return prior to March 10, 2011 AND
- You are a real estate professional AND
- Your California Schedule E Worksheet does not have Box G, Active Participation, checked and it should be AND
- Your California Schedule E Worksheet Line 22 reflects a loss (is less than zero)
Let us do the work for you. We highly recommend this.
- Please download and print this Authorization Form.
- Complete the form and fax it to us at the number printed at the top of the form.
- Note: After we receive your completed authorization form, please allow up to 15 days to amend your return.
- You can print, sign and mail the corrected return to California.
Or you can make the corrections yourself. However, the amend process can be complex.
- To do it yourself, please follow these step-by-step instructions.
- After you make the changes to your tax return, you will need to mail a copy to California.
- If you need assistance, call us at the phone number in the TurboTax email.