California 2010: Expenses for Business use of Home Could be Understated or Overstated
Certain customers may have incorrect business expenses related to the business use of their home on their 2010 California tax return.
How to tell if you are impacted
- You filed a 2010 California tax return prior to January 31, 2011 AND
- You filed a Schedule C, Profit or Loss from Business (sole proprietorship) AND
- You deducted office in the home expenses AND
- The percentage of time you spent conducting business in your home office was less than 100% AND
- Your California return included Schedule CA (Federal Schedule C, E, and F Adjustments — see image below) and there was a difference between a California amount (column B) and a Federal amount (column C)
If you are affected, you may have underpaid or overpaid your California tax. You need to amend your California tax return.
If you need to contact us, please use the phone number in the email from TurboTax and tell the representative you’re calling about the California: Home Office Business Expenses.