Entering a Foreign Partner (Form 1065)
Article ID: HOW12013
How to enter a foreign partner in a form 1065 return.
If you have a partner that has a foreign address, that partner's info can now be entered in the Step-By-Step. To do this, follow these steps:
- In your Business Return, select the Business Info tab, and then the Partner/Member Information listing beneath the tabs.
- Select the Edit button to the right of the foreign partner
- Put the address information in the Address-2nd Line.
- Enter the City, Province or State and Postal Code in the CIty line.
Be sure to follow the foreign country's practice when entering a postal code.
- Select the Country, by choosing from the drop down list found in the "Foreign Country" field.
- Leave the State and Zip Code fields blank.
Note: Foreign addresses are supported for Electronic Filing. As per IRS regulations, on a form 1120-S, you cannot have a foreign shareholder.