Oregon: Unable to start Return with Registered Domestic Partnership Status filing a Single Return
When selecting the filing status of registered domestic partnership and filing a single return, starting the Oregon return generates the following message:
It's Not Time to Start Your Oregon Return Yet
This message will appear if you have selected the filing status of RDP filing a Federal return only. To start your Oregon return you must select the option "This is the married return we will use to prepare our resident state return".
- Click on the Personal Info tab, and click Continue
- In the About you section select the Edit button, and then Continue
- On the Were You Married screen, select RDP status
- On the following screen select the second option "This is the married return we will use to prepare our resident state return".
- Continue through the screen to complete your Oregon return.