What is Audit Defense?
There is always a chance the IRS may audit your return. With Audit Defense, you never have to meet with the IRS. TaxResources takes care of everything, so you can:
- Submit your return and relax
- Save thousands of dollars on representation fees if you're audited
- Rely on full-service representation, not just support or tips
What You'll Get with Audit Defense
TaxResources makes sure you never have to meet with the IRS. Your tax professional will:
- Defend your return from audits through the highest level of appeals, for 7 years.
- Schedule and attend all audit appointments
- Review your tax return for additional problem areas
- Review your documentation before the IRS sees it
- Handle all audit correspondence
- Provides assistance with all other notices or letters
You can purchase Audit Defense from within any TurboTax product for an additional fee.
Note: You must purchase TurboTax Audit Defense before you receive a notice of audit for a timely-filed income tax return. Please contact the Tax Audit Defense Customer Service at 877-829-9695 if your return was not timely filed.
TaxResources is the oldest and largest income tax audit defense company in the United States. As America's tax audit protection pioneer, TaxResources offers comprehensive understanding, knowledge, and experience in income tax audit defense.
The TaxResources mission is to provide its members with the best audit representation and taxpayer education assistance possible.
TaxResources works with TurboTax (Intuit), General Electric Financial, and the Medical Society of the State of New York, along with other professional associations and organizations.