Amend a 2010 Business Tax Return
Amending a 2010 tax return you prepared using TurboTax Business 2010
- Open TurboTax Business 2010.
- Click the Amend Return button.
- TurboTax will display all TurboTax Business 2010 returns it finds. In the screenshot below, TurboTax has located the 2010 Sample Business Tax Return.
Tip: If you don't see your TurboTax Business 2010 tax file listed, click the blue Find a Tax File "magnifying glass" icon.
- Click the tax return to open it. (In this screenshot, you'd click 2010 Sample Business Tax Return).
- On the next screen, answer Yes to the question Do you need to file an amended return? Then...
- Partnership, S Corporation, and Estate/Trust: Carefully follow the on-screen instructions to completion.
- Corporation: On the next screen, select 2010. Click Continue and carefully follow the on-screen instructions to completion.
Amending 2009 or earlier Corporation returns in TurboTax Business 2010
Although TurboTax Business 2010 includes an option to amend 2009 (or earlier) Corporation returns, we strongly recommend going back to the prior-year TurboTax Business version – if you still have it – and amending your tax return there. (Or, consider purchasing a prior-year TurboTax Business version.)
Otherwise, you'll need to manually enter all information and calculate the taxes and credits yourself.