Virginia 2011: Other Deductions from Income
Virginia taxpayers may be allowed to take certain deductions to reduce their state taxable income.
Certain customers, who claimed other deductions from federal income, may have filed an incorrect Virginia tax return.
TurboTax has fixed this issue.
How to tell if you may be impacted
You may be affected if ALL of the following are true:
- You filed your 2011 Virginia tax return prior to January 21, 2012 AND
- In the TurboTax interview, you entered a description and amount on the "Other Deductions From Federal Income" screen AND
- You have Deduction Code 199 (Other deductions) without an amount listed on Page 2, Line 8 (Deductions) on your Virginia tax return, Form 760
If you are affected, you may have overpaid your Virginia tax. You may need to amend your Virginia tax return.
You can make the corrections yourself.
- To do it yourself, please follow these step-by-step instructions.
- After you make the changes to your tax return, you will need to mail a copy of your amended state return.
- Your printed return will include instructions on how and where to mail it.
- If you need assistance, call us at the phone number in the email.
Or let us do the work for you.
- Please download and print this Authorization Form.
- Complete the form and fax it to us at the number printed at the top of the form.
- A TurboTax representative will contact you (within 15 days) when your corrected return is ready to be securely emailed back to you.
- You can print, sign, and mail the corrected return to the state taxing authority.
If you need to contact us, please use the phone number in the email from TurboTax and tell the representative you’re calling about the Virginia 2011: Other Deductions.