Virginia 2010: Certain Nonresidents May Have Overpaid Taxes
Certain customers, who filed full-year resident returns of Arizona, California, Washington, DC or Oregon and also filed a Virginia Nonresident return, may not have been able to claim the credit for taxes paid to another state.
The issue has been fixed.
How to tell if you are impacted
You are affected if ALL of the following are true:
- You filed an Virginia non-resident return (Form 763) prior to March 31, 2011 AND
- You filed a full-year resident return for Arizona, California, Washington, DC or Oregon AND
- Your Virginia income was also taxed on your resident tax return AND
- Your income was taxed by Virginia (From 763, Line 19) AND
- You didn’t claim a Credit for Tax Paid to Another State on your Virginia return (Form 763, line 24.)
If you are affected, you may have overpaid your Virginia tax. You will need to amend your Virginia tax return.
If you need to contact us, please use the phone number in the email from TurboTax and tell the representative you’re calling about the Virginia: Nonresident return.