Oregon 2010: Certain Customers with Additional Federal Tax Paid May Have Incorrect Oregon Return
Certain customers, who paid an additional tax on retirement withdrawals with their federal returns, may have incorrect Oregon tax returns.
TurboTax may have incorrectly calculated the “2010 federal tax liability” subtraction on the Oregon tax return.
TurboTax has fixed this issue.
How to tell if you are impacted
You may be affected if ALL of the following are true:
- You filed your 2010 Oregon tax return prior to February 12, 2011 AND,
- You filed a federal tax return with an additional tax on IRAs or other qualified retirement plans (usually due to an early withdrawal). This tax is on Form 1040, line 58.
If you are affected, your Oregon subtraction for 2010 federal tax liability (Oregon Form 40, line 13) is overstated.
You may have underpaid your Oregon taxes and need to amend your Oregon tax return.
If you need to contact us, please use the phone number in the email from TurboTax and tell the representative you’re calling about the Oregon: Federal tax liability subtraction.
Let us do the work for you. We highly recommend this.
- Please download and print this Authorization Form.
- Complete the form and fax it to us at the number printed at the top of the form.
- A TurboTax representative will contact you (within 6 days) when your corrected return is ready to be securely emailed back to you.
- You can print, sign and mail the corrected return to Oregon.
Or you can make the corrections yourself. However, the amend process can be complex.
- To do it yourself, please follow these step-by-step instructions.
- After you make the changes to your tax return, you will need to mail a copy to Oregon.
- If you need assistance, call us at the phone number in the TurboTax email.