New Mexico 2010: Senior Credits for Property Taxes or Rent
Certain customers, who were at least 65 and paid property taxes and/or rent in New Mexico, may have filed an incorrect tax return.
TurboTax has fixed this issue.
How to tell if you may be impacted
You may be affected if ALL of the following are true:
- You filed a 2010 New Mexico Income Tax Return prior to March 4, 2011 AND
- You were at least 65 as of 12/31/2010 AND
- Your Modified Gross Income on PIT-RC, Line 13 is less than $16,000 AND
- You did not live in Los Alamos or Santa Fe County AND
- You paid property taxes AND/OR rent in New Mexico AND
- You did not have an amount on New Mexico Form PIT-RC, Line 17c.
If you are affected, you may have overpaid your state tax. You will need to amend your state tax return.
If you need to contact us, please use the phone number in the email from TurboTax and tell the representative you’re calling about the New Mexico 2010: Senior Credits.