Montana 2011: Estate and Trust Distribution
Montana taxpayers, who received a distribution from an Estate and Trust, are required to report the taxable differences between their federal and Montana tax.
Certain customers, who received this type of distribution, may have filed an incorrect Montana tax return.
TurboTax has fixed this issue.
How to tell if you may be impacted
You may be affected if ALL of the following are true:
- You filed a 2011 Montana tax return prior to January 28, 2012 AND
- Your MT Form 2 included Page 4 (Schedule I) or Page 5 (Schedule II) AND
- Your return had either of the following:
- You received a Montana Trust and Estate K-1 showing a distribution that was LESS than your federal distribution amount and you had an amount on Schedule I, Line 11 (Additions for smaller federal estate and trust taxable distributions) OR
- You received a Montana Trust and Estate K-1 showing a distribution that was MORE than your federal distribution amount and you had an amount on Schedule II, Line 31 (Subtractions for larger federal estate and trust taxable distribution)
If you are affected, you may have overpaid or underpaid your Montana tax. You will need to amend your Montana tax return.
You can make the corrections yourself.
- To do it yourself, please follow these step-by-step instructions
- After you make the changes to your tax return, you will need to mail a copy of your amended state return.
- Your printed return will include instructions on how and where to mail it.
- If you need assistance, call us at the phone number in the email.
Or let us do the work for you.
- Please download and print this Authorization Form.
- Complete the form and fax it to us at the number printed at the top of the form.
- A TurboTax representative will contact you (within 15 days) when your corrected return is ready to be securely emailed back to you.
- You can print, sign, and mail the corrected return to the state taxing authority.
If you need to contact us, please use the phone number in the email from TurboTax and tell the representative you’re calling about the Montana 2011: Estate and Trust Distribution.