Missouri 2011: Self Employment Tax Deduction
Missouri taxpayers who pay self employment tax on a federal tax return, may be allowed to deduct a portion of that tax on their Missouri return.
Certain customers who were allowed this deduction may have filed an incorrect Missouri tax return.
Turbo Tax has fixed this issue.
How to tell if you may be impacted
You may be affected if ALL of the following are true:
- You filed a 2011 Missouri tax return prior to January 26, 2012 AND
- Your federal tax return included an amount on Line 27 (Deductible part of self-employment tax) AND
- Your MO-A Part 2, included an amount on Line 6 (2011 Self-employment tax)
If you are affected, you may have underpaid your Missouri tax. You will need to amend your Missouri tax return.
You can make the corrections yourself.
- To do it yourself, please follow these step-by-step instructions.
- After you make the changes to your tax return, you will need to mail a copy of your amended state return.
- Your printed return will include instructions on how and where to mail it.
- If you need assistance, call us at the phone number in the email.
Or let us do the work for you.
- Please download and print this Authorization Form.
- Complete the form and fax it to us at the number printed at the top of the form.
- A TurboTax representative will contact you (within 15 days) when your corrected return is ready to be securely emailed back to you.
- You can print, sign, and mail the corrected return to the state taxing authority.
If you need to contact us, please use the phone number in the email from TurboTax and tell the representative you’re calling about the Missouri 2011: SE Tax.