Louisiana 2010: Itemized Deductions
Certain customers, who did NOT file a Federal Schedule A, may have filed an incorrect Louisiana tax return.
TurboTax has fixed this issue.
How to tell if you may be impacted
You may be affected if ALL of the following are true:
- You filed a 2010 Louisiana Income Tax Return prior to September 21, 2011 AND
- You did NOT file a Schedule A, Itemized Deductions, on your Federal Return AND
- You have amounts on your Louisiana Form 540, Lines 8a, b, and c
If you are affected, you may have underpaid your state tax. You will need to amend your Louisiana state tax return.
If you need to contact us, please use the phone number in the email from TurboTax and tell the representative you’re calling about Louisiana 2010: Itemized Deductions.
Let us do the work for you. We highly recommend this.
- Please download and print this Authorization Form.
- Complete the form and fax it to us at the number printed at the top of the form.
- A TurboTax representative will contact you (within 15 days) when your corrected return is ready to be securely emailed back to you.
- You can print, sign and mail the corrected return to Louisiana.
Or you can make the corrections yourself. However, the amend process can be complex.
- To do it yourself, please follow these step-by-step instructions.
- If you need assistance, call us at the phone number in the TurboTax email.